Daily Bread

"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' " Acts 20:35 (NIV)

Saturday, January 15, 2011

January 12: Preparation

I spend the majority of the day working on my parents' house again. I am working hard to make it spotless and perfect. After a full day of cleaning, I went to an orientation meeting for a volunteer opportunity I have been presented with.

Back in December, when I was preparing for the challenge, I spent some time researching places for me to volunteer at. I found one called Seniors' Resource Center. I was interested in the opportunities they have and services they offer, so I signed up to attend the orientation meeting. While I did not actually do any serving, I was happy to know that I was getting prepared to do so. I look forward to seeing what comes of this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment