Daily Bread

"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' " Acts 20:35 (NIV)

Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010, Hello Challenge for a Change!

As the end of the year comes to a close, I am filled with great anticipation of what is to come. I have been so blessed this past year and as a result, I want to turn my gratitude into giving. For over a month now I have been preparing to begin my challenge. Starting tomorrow, I am going full swing into the adventure that lies before me. I have been compiling the ideas, creating the list, filling up the calendar and praying as I get ready to launch.

I am so excited to see what God has in store for me; lesson to learn, people to meet, tears to shed and laughs to be had.

My prayer is simple: Lord, change me.

I hope you will join me in this adventure in some way. Whether you become a follower on the blog, share this blog with others, or start your own challenge, I hope this will make a positive impact in your life.

Yesterday I heard a song that I thought perfectly vocalized my thoughts and feelings. It is a prayer too. I encourage you to listen to this and I humbly ask you to pray for me as I begin this challenge. Thanks for being a part of my life and I look forward to sharing 2011 with you!

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Love,
Chieko




(Click the link to hear the song!)
from the Downhere album “Ending Is Beginning” 
Germain/Martel

Sometimes your calling, comes in dream
Sometimes it comes in the Spirit's breeze
You reach for the deepest hope in me
And call out for the things of eternity
But I'm a man of dust and stains
You move in me so I can say...

Here I am, Lord send me
All of my life I make an offering
Here I am, Lord send me
Somehow my story is a part of your plan
Here I am

When setbacks and failures and upset plans
Test my faith and leave me with empty hands
Are You not the closest when it's hardest to stand?
I know that You will finish what You began
And these broken parts You redeem
Become the song that I can sing...

Overwhelmed by the thought of my weakness
And the fear that I'll fail You in the end
In this mess, I'm just one of the pieces
I can't put this together but You can

No comments:

Post a Comment