Daily Bread

"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' " Acts 20:35 (NIV)

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

June 4th: A Little Lemonade


June 4th: When I came home from the market today, there were three little boys outside who had set up a lemonade stand across the street. They were doing their very best to get my attention and seeking my business by repeatedly shouting, "Lemonade, twenty-five cents!" over and over and over again as I carried my purchases in from the car. (My husband and I have a rule that we always buy lemonade from kid vendors. Drinking it, now that's debatable.) So, I gathered up some quarters and walked across the street to order up a nice refreshing, ice-cold cup of pink lemonade. I gave each kid a quarter even though I only purchased one cup. They seemed very excited. A nice high-five to each for making such good lemonade, and I was on my way again.

That two minute interaction with those three little boys didn't cost me much time or money, but it was just a tiny step in further establishing good relationships and rewarding hard work.

Another challenge idea: I think I just might have to make them cookies one afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment