Daily Bread

"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' " Acts 20:35 (NIV)

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Time Flies!

My last post was January 23rd. I had just gone to the Life and Justice Conference and I promised to fill you in on all that I learned. I am so sorry that I have been terrible about blogging. I am pleased to say that I have been too busy "doing!" It's a good problem though, don't you think? I will post about the conference on a separate post. This post is to share some of the happenings of the last month.

Admittedly, I have done something everyday but I have not logged what those things were. Here is a list of some of the things I have done to keep my challenge going:
  1. Gave a hungry student food
  2. Cleaned a toilet for someone else
  3. Cleaned someone's home
  4. I am now reading mail each week for Mr. Ray, a blind man (this will be on-going)
  5. Spoke at a youth group about choices and the love of Jesus
  6. Joined the "Missions Team" at church (this will be on-going)
  7. Volunteered to teach Children's Church (this will be on-going)
  8. Provided groceries for someone in need
  9. Returned stray grocery carts from the lot so they wouldn't hit anyone's car (in the freezing Colorado weather!)
  10. Volunteering at the "Revolve Tour" (2/18-19)
  11. Donated tickets to "Revolve Tour" to two girls from youth group
  12. Raising awareness about human trafficking with everyone and anyone who will listen
  13. Apologized and sought forgiveness from someone
  14. Provided a ride to someone in need
  15. Planned a screening of the documentary "The Dark Side of Chocolate" and have worked hard to get a Fair Trade chocolate company to donate chocolate. The screening is on February 26th at 7pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment